Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Friday, February 03, 2006

OK, can I start over? This sucks!

Well, my little angel has rotavirus. This, if you didn't know, is evil, crappy and terrifying. The mom that walks away from this without an elevated heartrate from stress and severe exhaustion after that has my respect. He went from a bit of surprise vomit accompanied by, well, no symptoms at all to a rock-hard tummy and screaming pain to projectile vomiting. He is now sleeping peacefully under the power of a really really appreciated Rx that appears to do it's job like gangbusters. We've heard nary a peep out of him and I really prefer it that way. I would like to not have to scrape rancid smelling vomit off of anything for one night. All the praying we've been doing has been answered for our little guy, and the cost of it all ($, school, work) really just makes no difference because He pulled our little man through it. He doesn't even seem annoyed that I went 40 mph over the speed limit last night on the way to the hospital. I decided (dumb idea) to educate myself as to what this virus is capable of and found that it kills some 600,000 kids globally every year. All through dehydration. That was something that I think I didn't need to know. Oh well. The price you pay, right? Well, it looks now like my adorable nephew has it. I'll keep praying. How about you?

1 Comments:

Blogger Sabrina said...

So sorry hon! I hope he is over the hump, and on his way to a speedy recovery!! Sure both he and Jax will be fine though.. you mommies know how to care for your wee ones!

7:51 AM, February 03, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home