Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Just another day in paradise....

So, I'm sure all you who look on my blog are aware that my dad died at 10:45 May 12, 2005. This would be the reason that I have not posted for a while. I appreciate all the loving thoughts and prayers sent by all and I am looking forward to things feeling normal again. If they ever do. His obituary may be viewed in the May 17th edition of the Bulletin. The memorial service will be held on May 27th at 6:30pm in the gym at Kenwood Elementary. My dad, while being something of a distant father, was a great blessing to the kids he taught at school. He taught them to always try as hard as you can, and you can do anything. He was also a great husband to his wife, Kathi, a good step-father to his step-son Nathan and a good brother and friend. He worked hard and did the best he could at everything. We will miss seeing the goofy things he was always capable of doing like dancing with his headphones on while mowing the lawn, and the goofy things he said like, I'll take away your birthday. He was something of an enigma, my dad. However, he affected many lives in a very positive way, and for that, I will always be thankful. My deepest prayer was that he heard the Lord's voice so we can have the relationship in heaven that we couldn't have here.

God's Blessings to all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home