Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Monday, January 21, 2008

Home again, home again, jiggidy-jig.

I am now a stay at home mom. A SAHM in the forum/blog world. Today was my first day. I can't say that it was exciting, like starting a new job usually is, but it was hectic in the same way.

My oldest had spent the night at his g-ma's place and wasn't home during the morning. This should have been a fabulous opportunity for me to get stuff done. I got Linc to go down for his morning nap with no problems and after that he was only up for about an hour before he started fussing again. Hungry? No. Needs a new diaper? No. Wants to play with me? Big no. I gave him his binky and sat him on my lap to see if he needed a cuddle and he immediately started showing signs of dozing off. I thought, well if he needs more nap he's gonna do it in his crib. I took him in, put him down and pushed the button for his waterfall/music soother thingy and shut the door behind me. He lasted just a few minutes before he was very vocally unhappy. I went in to see what the issue was and found him blowing snot everywhere and coughing on it and just having a miserable time. I knew he had a cold but up to today it wasn't really bothering him too much. I took him back out to the living room and wiped him off. I decided that he could start his nap on my lap and I'd put him back down after he was good and asleep. That actually didn't work. So I thought maybe I'd try his swing. I haven't really used it recently because I need him to learn to sleep in his crib and put himself to sleep effectively. I thought maybe the sitting position would be better for him. Turns out I was right! He slept for a good two hours and woke in a much better mood. I actually got most of the laundry folded and did all the dishes while he was out. I'm hoping that this is a sign of things to come and that I might actually be good at this SAHM thing instead of being disorganized and crappy at it like I was with Corb.

Now all I have to do is convince my hubby that just because I'm here all day he doesn't get to stop picking up after himself entirely. That should be fun.

3 Comments:

Blogger Life Is Good said...

ya know one would think that since you no longer work outside of the home that you could squeeze in the occasional blog post...

8:57 AM, January 28, 2008  
Blogger Fire Girl said...

yeah for blogs!

2:04 PM, January 28, 2008  
Blogger Life Is Good said...

One would think that with all your spare time you would at least have ten minutes every other day or so to either post pics of the boy or jot down something witty...slacker

10:41 AM, February 01, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home