Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Oh the lies...

Wow. So, we all know that I randomly troll blogs. I stumbled onto a large list of pro-choice blogs. It amazes me that there are so many people out there who just refuse to see the babies involved in abortion as, well, babies. How do you not see them as babies? I really don't get it. Some of them even have kids of their own. It is so beyond me. I understand the standpoint the clinics take. That's a lot of money they bring in. If you look at the Newsweek article I posted a bit ago it pretty much says that with the whole "coping strategies" thing. I just don't get how that doesn't raise a big red flag for everyone. They are all really good at pushing the whole safe-sex thing when we all know there is no such thing. I'm not sure if they actually believe that, or if they just don't care. Plus, they all equate feminism with pro-choice attitude, which seems like quite a contradiction to me. Finally, they talk about how pro-lifers and Christians are so mean and cruel and fly-off-the-handle type people. This one concerns me. I have to wonder why so many pro-lifers (I've definitely met more than a few) are so mean about this argument. I understand the emotion behind it, but we all know that the truth is always better heard if you share it with love instead of shoving it with anger. I tell people my views about abortion because I care about the futures of fetuses, and the futures of women everywhere. Not because I want to be right or because it fits in with my politics or whatever else you can come up with. Because I know in my heart it is wrong, and hurtful and bad for us all. I would not want to be the person who finds out all of those things after the deed was done. Everyone deserves the opportunity to be protected from harmful things. I am glad that drugs are illegal, it helped me make the decision to stay away from them. I'm glad that it's against the law to drink until you are 21 and that honest information on alcoholism is easily accessible because it helps me be responsible with my decisions concerning alcohol. I'm glad we know about the dangers of smoking because it helped me quit. I want the women of the world to know the TRUE dangers of sex and abortion so they can make the safest and most responsible decision possible. I can't decide for them, and I wouldn't be, even if it were illegal. Just as we don't choose for those who do drugs anyway, despite the laws. My faith aside, women are cutting their own legs off by perpetuating an industry that cares more about money than the choices we have to make. That's what I care about. It's more about God's command to love my neighbor than about "thou shalt not kill". I think that's the way it should be.

1 Comments:

Blogger Life Is Good said...

Enjoy these quotes from Mother Teresa....

"Please don't kill the child. I want the child. Please give me the child. I am willing to accept any child who would be aborted, and to give that child to a married couple who will love the child and be loved by the child. From our children's home in Calcutta alone, we have saved over 3,000 children from abortions. These children have brought such love and joy to their adopting parents, and have grown up so full of love and joy!"

"Any country that accepts abortion, is not teaching it's people to love, but to use any violence to get what it wants"

"It is a poverty to decide that a child must die so that you may live as you wish"

2:20 PM, March 28, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home