Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Saturday, February 25, 2006

Happy B-day Doug!!!

Today is the party for my big brother's 30th B-day . Yay! He is a big boy now. Someone told me that if he starts acting his age he will be the enemy (an adult) to those of us who have refrained from acting our age. Meaning (by my translation anyway) that if he starts acting his age his first enemy will be his wife, who hasn't acted her age since I met her, and she is older than he. In fact, she's usually more fun than he is. So, I think that means that he is figuratively older than she. Just don't tell him I said so. We, on the other hand, are as childish as we can be. Well, we try anyway. Unfortunately the exhaustion, stress, and hectic schedules are not conducive to youthful exuberance. So, the heighth of our childish behavior seems to be a boringly small amount of sarcastic bickering as we doze off at the hideously middle-aged bedtime of 9:30.

It's goes a little something like this;

Me: "You're a bed hog".
Him: "You suck".
Me: "Shut up".
Him: "Snore......"

This is not young, hip, teasing banter, people. This is the I-love-you-but-I'm-too-tired-to-play-with-you banter of impending old-age. I'm not even 30 yet and my older brother and sister in law have a more exciting life than I do. They do more stuff, have more fun and stay up later.

What does this mean? How is this possible?

Well, I'd sit here and figure it out, but I'm too freakin' tired.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home