Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Saturday, May 06, 2006

Wow, two posts in one day? It's true, don't fall over!!

So we go to the brother and sis-in-law's place for dinner and it was great fun. Had b-b-qued burgers for dinner followed by some interesting peanut butter ice cream sandwich thingy. It was all pretty darn good. We were all cracking jokes and laughing and having a great time, but we didn't get to ride the little dirtbike as it was experiencing technical difficulties.

I had to settle for a ride on the Harley. Oh the hardship.

IT F*$#ING ROCKED!!!

It was soooo much fun I can't even tell you. It was a short ride and it was somewhat dark but it totally kicked ass. Plus, I got to wear my sis's leather jacket and helmet, which made me feel somewhat cool. Only somewhat because I was also wearing army-green cargo pants, white sweatsocks, and flaming hot-pink suede Airwalks. We should've taken a picture. I'm sure I looked hilarious. If I get one in the future, I'll post it.

In any case, it was a totally fun evening.

On another note, my darling hubby had his cholesterol done and it is apparently quite high. Bummer. He also had a BMI done (body mass index) which stated that he is obese. I found this rather amusing considering that he is about 6' tall and weighs about 220. He's got muscle, he isn't scrawny, and I'm grateful for that. I don't want him to look like he rides a desk all day instead of the physical work he does. I like manly men, dammit, not the pencil-neck weinies that are so popular these days. If he ever showed up with a pink shirt like they love to put guys on TV in I'd puke. I hate pink on men. They might just as well walk with a swish, talk with a lisp and be named Lance. Ew.

In any case, he's not obese so I think there is a serious problem with the test. Or maybe just our society. Regardless, we've managed to pull off many jokes on that since it happened. He groans lowering himself into the Orange Turd and I look at him like he's just lost his mind. He says "it's hard for us obese people" and gives me this drama-queen look of fatigue. I snort and giggle and he seems very satisfied with himself. Still, I think it's alarming that the "metrosexual" is the man of our generation. Well, maybe alarming isn't the right word. Maybe it's more like, disturbing, sick, wrong, f*&ked up, ass-backwards and oh so very Elton. Didn't Elton carry a purse at some point? As my sis's brother would say "it's a messenger bag!!!" but she's still right. It's a purse. A man-purse.

Get the picture?

2 Comments:

Blogger Sabrina said...

Yes Harleys..... more addicting then cigs, alcohol, and meth all rolled into one.

I miss that.

A good addiction though!

7:56 AM, May 07, 2006  
Blogger Life Is Good said...

I am so glad that you are so excited about your ride on the Harley! I appreciate you guys giving Doug and I a chance to ride together too!

Too cool - too cool!

8:23 PM, May 07, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home