Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Just Good Stuff

Well, I had some fun plans for today which were somewhat dashed as I have been told that I must wait for the guy to come and repair my oven and he will be here "sometime today". I was sitting around just looking for something to do and I picked up this book called "Pain is inevitable but Misery is Optional so, stick a geranium in your hat and be happy" by Barbara Johnson that my sister-in-law loaned me a million years ago. Yes, I still have it. I grabbed it to sit and read a bit. It was full of all these great things! So encouraging in fact that I decided I needed to share some with all my buddies. One of the sayings that I enjoyed the most was "Wrinkles are just God's little way of saying "I'm stepping on your face!" I laughed so hard!!! One from a greeting card she saw was :

If you love something, set it free
If it returns, you haven't lost it
If it disappears and never comes back,
Then it wasn't truly yours to begin with.

And if it just sits there watching television,
Unaware that it's been set free,
You probably already married it.

Also, "You really know you're getting old when you bend over to tie your shoes, and you wonder what else you can do while you're doen there." made me giggle.

"Youth is a brief time between buying training bras and wearing surgical stockings. Or, I'm living between estrogen and death, or, I'm living somewhere between the Blue Lagoon and Golden Pond."

"Encouraging thought for the week: Eat a live toad first thing in the morning, and nothing worse can happen to you the rest of the day!"

This woman is a true and passionate mother too. She gives great words to give us laughter as a tool to continue.

" Being a mother is like getting a life sentence in prison with no hope of parole."

She understands about life being full of pressure and stress.

"Sometimes I think I understand everything. Then, I regain conciousness."

"Don't take life so seriously-- you'll never get out of it alive."

She knows about life with hubbies and kids,

"Be grateful...
for husbands who attack small repair jobs around the house. They usually make them big enough to call in professionals.
for children who put away their things and clean up after themselves. They're such a joy you hate to see them go home to their own parents.

But she also has her serious moments. These, you learn to love the most.

"Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted."

Mother's Covers
When you were small
And just a touch away,
I covered you with blankets
Against the cold night air.
But now that you are tall
And out of my reach,
I fold my hands
And cover you with prayer.
-Dona Maddux Cooper

This book came at a great moment in my life. I hope any and all reading will be interesting in reading it. She reminds us to keep laughter in our lives no matter the hardship. Some more of her favorite sayings:

The ages of woman:
In her infancy she needs love and care.
In her childhood she wants fun.
In her twenties she wants romance.
In her thirties she wants admiration.
In her forties she wants sympathy.
In her fifties she wants cash.

I love you more today than yesterday. Yesterday, you really got on my nerves!

If only I could get that wonderful feeling of accomplishment without having to accomplish anything.

If we weren't meant to keep starting over, would God have granted us Mondays?

My mother was the travel agent for guilt trips.

He will fill your mouth with laughter and your lips with shouts of joy. Job 8:21

One laugh = 3 TBSP of Oat Bran

It's always darkest just before it goes totally black.

I feel so much better now that I've given up hope.

One day I shall burst my buds of calm and blossom into hysteria.

Just remeber that behind every dark and stormy cloud ..... is a ruined hairstyle and worms on the sidewalk.

This book reminded me that regardless of all the hard things that are going on in my life, it is okay to laugh. In fact, she tells me that I should laugh. That, no matter how unseemly it sounds, I should seek out things that make me laugh. " Life is about 10 percent how you make it, and 90 percent how you take it."

Help me to remeber, Lord, that nothing will happen today that you and I can't handle together.

Amen

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

UPDATE YOUR BLOG!!!!! or I'll have to go over there and poke you in the eye.

5:01 PM, June 07, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home