Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Friday, June 15, 2007



So this is my somewhere between 27 and 28 week photo. I didn't realize how big the difference in size is between my belly and my butt until I saw this photo. Since then I've had to check it out in the mirror regularly with some amused confusion. Why don't I fall over more often? It kinda weirds me out and I've decided that it would look more normal if my rear was of a more proportionate size. Not that there's much I can do about this beyond what I'm already doing, but it seems to me that I really do look like an orange on a toothpick. I've come to terms with this, mostly because there isn't much I can do. Deep fried foods kind of make me ill and since fruits and veggies don't help me gain weight I guess I need to resign myself to to being frightfully off balance for awhile. The part that's kind of amusing is that I didn't look as good when I was preggo with my oldest but I felt better. I was more comfortable with my body when it was carrying a much bigger amount of extra weight. I like to think of it as my winter coat, since he was born in January.

I can honestly say that pregnancy is not my favorite state of being. I can agree that it's a miracle, I can agree that it is a wonderful thing. I love babies, I love children, especially mine but I'm not fond of how they get here. Don't get me wrong, I'm extremely grateful to be here. I'm so thankful to God for giving me this gift especially after so much struggle and pain. I'm thankful for the ability to add to our family and to have another beautiful child to love. I just don't enjoy being pregnant. It's certainly not the worst thing in the world or the hardest thing I've been through, it just goes on for so long! Plus, each one is different and very rarely in that "pleasant suprise" kind of way. Ok, enough whining. I'd love to say that I have loads of other interesting, fun things to talk about but I'd be lying through my teeth. At this point I'm sort of floating through my life and seeing all in a passive haze. I'm not really in charge, not really trying to be. I just don't care very much. I'm biding my time and looking to the future. Hopefully nobody asks me to sign any legal documents until after September!

2 Comments:

Blogger Amber said...

Such a cute belly!! Can't wait to see the little man!

7:55 AM, June 16, 2007  
Blogger Pixie said...

Cute picture...Looks like he's growing well in there! I'm sorry you're not feeling as well as you'd like and I hope that the third trimester is easier on you so you can enjoy the rest of your pregnancy!

12:44 PM, June 17, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home