Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Drumroll please.....

It's a boy!!!

We are really excited!! We didn't really care either way, although we were really enjoying picking on each other about it! Baby boy is measuring right on schedule and very active and healthy already. Everything just looked great and that's so wonderful. We are so amazed that we are finally here after all the ick we went through and to see how perfect and healthy he is gives us such strong feelings of thankfulness and awe. Corb was slightly disappointed that it's not a girl (I know, what the heck??) and quickly lost interest which is good in my mind. I think it shows that he's pretty secure with this whole thing and that we've succeeded in not making it any bigger than it needs to be. So far, it's only me that's having a slight obsession with the idea. I'm in a haze of "we need to" as in, we need to pick a name, we need to get the room ready (sharing with Corb, so should be a pain) we need to get new (fill in the blank)etc etc....

Driving hubby crazy, basically. Not feeling guilty though, he deserves it.

Anyway, we are open to suggestions as far as names. We have a hard time with boy names so anything interesting (not insane though) will be gratefully considered. We are trying to avoid anything that starts with a "C" or a "K" or the sounds of those. I stutter enough without making it worse by having sons with way-too-similar names. Plus, with new baby comes severe brain-deadedness. I try not to sound too stupid in public, so nothing similar to Corbin. I will be keeping a file of possibilities to discuss with Brandon and he's really liking the idea. The only *rule* to this little suggestion-collecting game is that nobody is allowed to get all butt-hurt and pissy if their name isn't chosen or is rejected. We are taking suggestions not entries in a contest. Your name doesn't get chosen based on votes or merit or composition, it merely gets accepted or rejected based only on our opinions, which may or may not be totally stupid according to your standards anyway. If you can't remain objective and have fun with it you probably shouldn't play and you certainly shouldn't tell me the name you would have given your perfect dream child if only your spouse had agreed and then be crushed when I think it's silly. On the other hand, if you tell us a name and we love it so much we just have to give it to the baby you will have the immense pleasure of being able to tell people that we gave our son the name YOU gave us. How cool will that be?

So let's get the names rolling!

6 Comments:

Blogger Amber said...

Yay, congrats! I'm glad to hear everyone is healthy and happy! I want to see an ultrasound pic, you gonna put one up!? As for names I've always liked Blake. I always hear different names at work and there's this little boy named Harmon and I thought that was a cute name :-) Good luck with names, it's hard with a second boy!

9:24 PM, April 18, 2007  
Blogger Daniel said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:48 AM, April 19, 2007  
Blogger Life Is Good said...

I like Wyatt(2nd choice for Jackson) ,Hayden, Ethan and Rowen.
Place names ...Denver, Dallas, Baker
If you have to go off past experience with kids that were evil in my daycare and friends daycares past....stay away from Dylan, Jordan and Austin.

9:34 AM, April 19, 2007  
Blogger Pixie said...

Congratulations on the new little man! Now you'll be outnumbered like me! Good luck with the name game...I always liked the name Gabriel, but I think it would sound a bit funny with our last name if he went by Gabe. LOL Glad to hear you're both happy and healthy!

1:08 PM, April 19, 2007  
Blogger Sabrina said...

Griffyn
Gabriel
Rowen
Declan
Balin ( Bay-Lin)

9:47 AM, April 21, 2007  
Blogger The Writer said...

Griffyn and Declan are already on our list. They're good ones! B already vetoed Gabriel, Rowen and Balin. He's a bit pickier than I am.

So far the front runner is Gideon.

12:12 PM, April 21, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home