Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Friday, February 23, 2007

The Details...

So, we found out we were expecting on Christmas. We opted not to tell this time because we've been bitten by that before. So, as of Thursday we are 12 weeks. The ultrasound photo was from about 9 weeks and we've had another brief one since. At my 12 week appt. because the doc was unable to find the heartbeat with the doppler. She went ahead and pulled the ultrasound machine in and we took a peek. She never did get a look at the heart because the little bean moved so much she never even managed to get close. She decided not to worry about it and said "nothing that moves that much could possibly be unhealthy!" It was great. We did get another picture, but it's very unidentifiable because the bean literally moved the whole time. Everything is right on schedule and everything except my weight looks perfect. I apparently lost a couple pounds (not sure how that happened) and she said that if I don't gain it back plus a couple they'll have to take a look at my diet. I guess that means I'll have to figure out a way to eat more every day. Not sure how I'm going to do that, but I'll try. I'm thinking it's because I've caught every cold and flu I've been exposed to so far. At least, I hope that's what it is. Anyway, I'll just up the amount of higher calorie foods in my diet and hope that helps. We've been eating healthier food for a while now, not to lose weight, but to help lower the hubby's cholesterol. This is the first time that I've ever been at an appropriate weight for my height instead of under it and I'd like to maintain that, it seems healthier. I'm not used to paying any attention to my weight but it seems I'll have to start. Maybe I'll buy a scale. =D

So that's the whole story (or the most interesting parts anyway) of how we've been keeping our little secret. It's nice not to be keeping it anymore, although kind of sad to let it go too. I've lived up to my end of the bargain and sent out the annoucements, hubby hasn't told anyone. Not a soul. Not the people at work, not anyone in his family, nobody. I think he's clinging to it a little harder than I was. Not that I'm annoyed with him, I know how he feels. Plus, it's going to get increasingly hard for me to hide it. He could hide it for a lot longer!

2 Comments:

Blogger Pixie said...

That's so exciting! I can't believe you kept it a secret for so long...I would never be able to do that. We're so excited for you guys though. Congratulations again on the little bean though. That's awesome.

3:41 PM, February 25, 2007  
Blogger Immy said...

Again...when do I find out I am an aunt or an uncle???? heehee....silly me

2:48 PM, February 27, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home