Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

I've decided on a whole new hatred.

So, as most of you are aware, there is a huge amount of road construction in this area. I understand the need to work on the roads around here as they are a total train wreck. I want to go on record now as saying that I support obediance to the speed limit signs posted in construction zones. I also support caution and prudence while in said zones. However........

There are some people that drive on these roads who are either bulldozer-phobic or have severe butt-pucker moments over the idea of getting their car dusty. I always seem to get stuck behind the dip-smack who thinks the proper etiquette for traversing a construction zone is to alternately pump with amazing vigor the gas and brake pedals. This causes me to enter a state of mind that I like to refer to as "homicidal." While I appreciate that they are probably having fits at the idea that dust will mar their previously unblemished paint job I can only assume that they must be shitting bricks at what their ass-monkey driving is causing the Starbucks in the cupholder to do to their car's interior. They will, of course, blame said damage on ODOT (Damn these shitty roads, they should do something about this!!) and continue on their merry ways, living happily in the dreamworld that includes such amenities as room service, OnStar and get-out-of-ticket-free-for-ass-monkey-driving cards. Not terribly realistic, but it seems to suit them. I have recently been informed that they are now card-carrying members of a political group attempting to lobby on Capital Hill. I can appreciate their initiative, but their methods......well, you decide.



I'm just not sure they'll get any ballots passed this way.

Makes for a nice photo op though, don't you think? Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Blogger Sabrina said...

Oh...... Sweeeeeeett.

11:51 PM, August 02, 2006  
Blogger Life Is Good said...

It does seem that driving is getting to be less and less enjoyable partly due to all the construction - which is necessary since we live in such a growing community - but mainly due to jackass drivers!
All signs of the wonderful freedom inspiring "ME" mentality!

11:36 AM, August 03, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home