Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Saturday, November 18, 2006

So out of shape...

Last night I joined almost all my co-workers for a hilarious night of bar hopping in honor of my friend Sheila's birthday. It was great fun, starting at the bar closest to work, progressing to one downtown and ending at the new dance club just a few blocks away. It was such a riot, there were quite a few people there and we all joked and laughed and had a wonderful time. However, I can admit to being tipsy enough that by the time we got to the dancing part of the evening it did not occur to me that I should start slowly as I haven't been dancing in, oh, like years and years. So I hopped my seriously buzzed behind around on that dance floor with all my friends and stayed out there for hours. I came back to the table only occasionally to guzzle water and then back out to the floor I went. Afterward we all wandered off to Denny's for a little snack and some coffee and the girls in the group giggled the entire time. We were all giddy and buzzed and enjoying ourselves probably way too much, but it was such fun! After we had eaten and drank warm things we all hugged and headed our separate ways. The drive home was fine and once I got home the hubby was still up and I told him all about the fun night and he said it sounded so fun he would join us next time, which I am really looking forward to. However, this morning after waking up I became aware of something that didn't occur to me last night. I'm out of shape. My legs are killing me. I was wearing comfortable shoes last night so my feet don't hurt, but damn near everything else does. My knees are even slightly puffy, probably because I don't usually make them work this hard. Of course, if they called me and said that they were gonna do it again tonight I'd be all over it but I'm glad that my day can be low-key and easy going so I can stop being sore by Monday. It's a good thing I'm registered for school because that means I will start working out again so maybe I'll have a little more stamina. That would be great, because I honestly forgot what a grueling workout dancing can be if you do it right. I ended up so over-heated that I was the only one in our party who walked back to the cars in my short sleeves and no coat in 30 degree weather. My hair was soaked in sweat and smells a bit strange this morning. Luckily, I never hit that seriously plastered stage that comes right before I throw up and disgrace myself so there is no hangover this morning. Thank God for that, I hate hangovers. So, last night was somewhat nostalgic since hubby and I used to go dancing all the time in our early relationship and into our early married life. Once the booger was born I honestly don't think we ever went again, and then the club we used to go to closed down and there wasn't another for a long time. I can't wait to go back with my friends and husband. I'm sure it will be great!!

Oh, and by the way, Mojitos are better if you're a little tipsy before you start drinking them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home