Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Friday, November 24, 2006

The Feast!!

Holy moly, that was awesome!! The food was incredible, the company was hilarious, the liqueur was top-shelf and the time had by all was amazing!! There were two turkeys to choose from, one oven baked and one deep fried. There was a veritable mountain of side-dishes and pies galore. There was a river of freely-slowing alcohol and of course, the full gamut of sarcastic and witty humor to be enjoyed. Everyone had a fabulous time and I'm so glad we could all be together like that this year!! A certain too-fabulous chef that I know and am related to by marriage was severely smashed by the time dinner was ready and kept us all giggling with her attempts to speak English. I particularly enjoyed it when she tried to offer me some wine by saying that I should "have a piece of this." Of course all the stuttering and false starts leading up to that only increased my enjoyment. This person, of course, is the reigning Queen of hostesses and never, ever fails to put on a shindig that wows us all. It is always amazing to me that she can make it all come together in such a perfect fashion and make it look effortless and gracious at the same time. I can't cook dinner for 3 people and have it all come off that way. She was perfectly attentive to all her guests and even made the children feel welcome and comfortable. She's the only person I've ever met who can exude both drunkenness and propriety at the same time. Explain that. She ends up with an event that is somewhere between the best formal dinner ever and the karaoke dance party in the swamp. I don't know how she does it. It is better food than you can have at the best catered affair and more fun than a dive bar with friends you don't introduce your mother to. Either way, I had a rocking good time and am looking forward to doing it again tonight!!

Let the games begin!!

10 Comments:

Blogger Life Is Good said...

I appreciate being appreciated!

And I had a great time being slightly toasted -NOT hammered- for most of Thursday. Makes it easier to put up with all you crazies!

4:42 PM, November 27, 2006  
Blogger The Writer said...

Slightly toasted. Right. Let's not forget that I'm the one who got to listen to you try to talk.

Not that the talking worked out very well for you!

;D

6:33 PM, November 28, 2006  
Blogger Life Is Good said...

That was Friday!

THURSDAY I was comfortably numb.

6:12 AM, November 29, 2006  
Blogger The Writer said...

Oh I'm sorry, your recent lush-like escapades are all starting to run together in my mind!!

XD

9:18 PM, November 29, 2006  
Blogger Life Is Good said...

OKAY SO ......

Uh.....

Just SHUT UP!

You are going to tarnish my flawless reputation!

1:25 PM, November 30, 2006  
Blogger Life Is Good said...

So um...there is no new post in awhile cuz you are too busy being the lush that you accuse me of? Put down the bottle and post would ya?

12:13 PM, December 08, 2006  
Blogger Life Is Good said...

Yah know since you are sitting around gimpy the least you could do is a write a new post.

Since I hear you aren't doin any housework! Ha Ha!

2:46 PM, December 13, 2006  
Blogger The Writer said...

I aint gettin any either, so who's lazier?

8:14 PM, December 13, 2006  
Blogger The Writer said...

He'd take advantage of an epileptic nun if she held still long enough.

His excuse is that he's "tired." Which we all know is code for "my libido is departing along with my hair."

8:41 PM, December 13, 2006  
Blogger Life Is Good said...

Okay to the first comment---ewww!

Second.... ouch!

1:41 PM, December 14, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home